[Libs-Or] Position Announcement: Scientific Digital Librarian - Remote, USA

Katy Davis katy.davis at lac-group.com
Mon Aug 16 12:02:03 PDT 2021

Please excuse cross-postings...

*LAC Group* seeks a* Digital Librarian *to support the NASA Heliophysics
Digital Resource Library (HDRL) which maintains and serves observational,
research-based, and model data; documentation; software; models; and other
digital resources. We seek a person to help manage, maintain, and upgrade
this infrastructure, in particular, to bring the broader digital library
experience to bear on our situation. Our goal is to provide easier routes
for scientific users into the interlinked set of digital resources that
pertain to their research. We seek a forward-looking person who is
interested in both fleshing out and maintaining what we have, and in
pushing the limits of what is possible in accelerating Heliophysics
research across the community. This is a full-time, benefited contract
position.

*Responsibilities:*

   - Augment and maintain a standards-based registry of HDRL resources.
   Assure that all HDRL resources have appropriate DOIs and other PIDs. Work
   to make these useful to the community and to HQ.
   - Assist in making all digital resources widely known and easily
   discoverable and accessible; this involves a variety of skills, including
   interactive web page design and publicizing regular notices of HDRL
   capabilities and services.
   - Coordinate work on databases and semantic technologies and/or related
   technologies for greatly accelerating and improving discovery and use of
   digital resources.
   - Oversee streamlining and automating (as possible) the system for
   registering and using digital resource metadata.
   - Assist in curating digital resources, recommending technological
   refreshes as needed.

*Qualifications:*

   - Master’s degree in digital library science, or equivalent experience
   in a library setting
   - Background in a relevant science discipline, e.g., space physics,
   astronomy, earth science.
   - Experience with semantic web and related technologies for linking and
   providing digital resources.
   - Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative and
   culturally diverse environment.
   - Demonstrated interpersonal and teamwork skills complemented by the
   ability to take initiative and work independently.
   - 3+ yrs experience with web development and team software technologies
   (eg: HTML, CSS, Agile, Jira/GitHub)
   - 3 years experience as a database developer, data modeler or programmer
   working with databases.
   - 3 years experience in project management
   - Knowledge of software development lifecycle
   - Strong problem-solving skills
   - Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
   - Ability to pass a background check

*To apply, visit:* https://lac.gp/3AOqZ7o

Katy Davis
Operations Assistant
p: (323)302-9432 | e: katy.davis at lac-group.com
L • A • C      G R O U P
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/katy-davis-006990103/> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/libgig?lang=en>

The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in
error, please contact the sender.