[Libs-Or] Job Posting: Part Time Reference Assistant

Victoria Campbell vcampbell at beavertonoregon.gov
Mon Aug 23 09:39:20 PDT 2021

Beaverton City Library is looking for a part-time (20 hour/week) Reference Assistant.
If you:

  *   are you enthusiastic about libraries
  *   love working with people of all ages and want to introduce them to everything the library has to offer
  *   like working with statistics and data
  *   are interested in providing support to the library's Collections Team, which manages our library collections
Then we want to hear from you!

Reference Assistants provide a crucial link between community members and library resources. In this job you will spend about 65% of your work week at our reference (customer service) desks, interacting with library users of all ages and providing excellent customer service in a busy environment. No two days are the same and you will help people with a wide variety of topics. In one day you might help an adult download an eBook for the first time, help a child find books about dogs, and connect a family with the social worker who works at the library.

The other 35% of your time you will provide support to the Collections Team by:
Working with and updating Excel files; Running statistical reports and manipulating data; Helping ensure we have enough copies of popular items; Assisting with removing damaged items from the collection and passing along titles to be replaced to the selectors

Closes at Noon on 9/6:

https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/beaverton/jobs/3200282/library-reference-assistant

Thank you,
Victoria Campbell
Community Engagement Manager
Beaverton City Library | 12375 SW 5th St | Beaverton, OR 97005
503-526-2599 | www.BeavertonLibrary.org<http://www.beavertonlibrary.org/>
Twitter<http://twitter.com/beavertonLib> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/beavertonlib/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/BeavertonCityLibrary> @beavertonlib
Work days: Monday - Friday