[Libs-Or] Libraries, Kids and Community: A fundraiser for Library Foundation of Washington County

Jeff and Eva Calcagno evac at teleport.com
Mon Aug 30 12:09:20 PDT 2021

Hello librarians, kids' advocates, readers, and community builders!

As the President of the Library Foundation of Washington County (LFWC), I am thrilled to invite you to a very special fundraiser, an Evening with Kevin Carroll, author of A Kids Book About BELONGING. I would love it if you would join us on Friday, October 8, 2021 from 6:30 - 8:30 pm at The Vault Theater, 350 E Main Street, Hillsboro, OR.
Can't be there in person, you say? Well, we are also offering the opportunity for people to live stream the event via Zoom from the comfort of your own home! For people who purchase tickets, we will also make a recording of the evening available for a month following, so you really don't have an excuse!
In-Person tickets are $100 each and Streaming Passes are $25 each. In-Person attendees will enjoy desserts from Decadent Creations and wine from Stoller Family Vineyard, as well as receive a copy of Kevin's book.
You can read more about the event and purchase In-Person or Streaming Pass tickets here: https://lfwcoregon.org/upcoming-event<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Flfwcoregon.org%2Fupcoming-event%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0aTe65SYrhIyxhkDkfWuyA1QQbXQpHJQ_awZZnI2nHkUY6p44kpth6W-4&h=AT2Th--0wbai5ErTrI76mlk3b8ao21lpk6rZW2yit6ieeiNSAFL9OQlX7xc1q_4Cl7nn7g92zE_N7pr-6wNH1jXj9JvZTarrYIir1YvpQbgHngcR9v1kQed3EHd_Nokt5WCJ&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT2lPEWYQXhAp-HsBLcqDxvm8xL7DUX4qT0m_DFtCO4MAmhjusgvBWmNuheSBqUq8dcvTOcyGplfW9rsA8pEPLCzIKfm6VUSNAue1XGJyN9_cYUccpY-zwBCeDCr0xg8Ic4r>
Due to the generous support of our community sponsors, 100% of your ticket price is tax-deductible as a charitable donation. In addition, donations to the LFWC qualify as matching donations for the Oregon Cultural Trust's unique Oregon State Tax Credit Program. Lean more about how to double your support of arts & culture at their website www.culturaltrust.org<http://www.culturaltrust.org/>

I know it may seem strange to be planning an event during a pandemic. (Yes, the Board has had this conversation a lot!) We have selected a spacious venue and are limiting the number of attendees to be cautious and allow ample room. In addition, theater protocols will require in-person attendees to show proof of covid vaccination at the door (present your vax card or show a photo of it), and all guests will be required to wear masks per Oregon's indoor mask mandate.
I hope to see the top half of your face there!

Eva Calcagno, President
Library Foundation of Washington County
www.lfwcoregon.org<http://www.lfwcoregon.org/>

[image.png]