[Libs-Or] Rural Library Fellowship Applications Open until March 1st

BERGQUIST Greta * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Mon Feb 1 15:43:23 PST 2021

Hello everyone,

I wanted to pass along this opportunity for a Rural Library Fellowship, similar to the one ARSL is offering<http://www.ala.org/tools/librariestransform/libraries-transforming-communities/focusgrants>, although this fellowship is sharply focused on raising 3rd grade reading outcomes in rural communities.<https://hechingerreport.org/facing-declines-in-reading-proficiency-rural-libraries-step-in/> It is coordinated through Berea College and funded by an IMLS grant. For this project, the definition of “rural” is pretty loose – if you think you are in a rural location and want to apply, please do so.  The application is open now through March 1st. There are office hours available if you’d like to ask questions, see below.  For those of you who pivoted last summer to backpack programs, summer lunch site outreach, etc, this may be a really good opportunity to delve deeper!

Best,

Greta B