[Libs-Or] Libraries Transforming Communities Grant Recipient

Teresa Lucas tlucas at northbendlibrary.org
Wed Feb 3 14:59:19 PST 2021

I was asked to share:

The North Bend Public Library is happy to announce NBHSReads with Ellen Hopkins, #1 New York Times bestselling award winning author! A community reads partnership between the Public Library and the High School, made possible through a grant from ALA's Libraries Transforming Communities. The library was awarded $3000 for the program. We plan to purchase Ms. Hopkins'  books for students to read and share during the month of April which as you know is National Poetry Month. The grant is also making it possible to provide two live Zoom discussions between Ellen Hopkins and the students. I was surprised when KVAL emailed for a Zoom interview which aired Monday night! You can view it here: https://kval.com/news/local/north-bend-library-sets-up-reading-program-for-high-school-students Never underestimate your wildest ideas, they may become a reality!

Teresa Lucas

Teresa Lucas, Assistant Director of Library Services
1800 Sherman Avenue
North Bend, OR 97459
(541)756-0400 X0035

www.northbendoregon.us/library<http://www.northbendoregon.us/library>

"Libraries should be doing things to induce gasps of amazement!" Eli Neiburger