[Libs-Or] Demographics of Library Elections

Every Library everylibrary at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 12:10:41 PST 2021

EveryLibrary is excited to release the report - Factors of Success:
Understanding Community Characteristics and Library Activities that
Influence Ballot Measure Outcomes 2014 - 2018.

This study aims to demonstrate what library-level activities and/or
community-level characteristics can be correlated to a library ballot
question's success or failure. Our approach focused on both intrinsic and
extrinsic factors to understand two things:

   - Is there a set of conditions that will largely predetermine the
   results on Election Day?

   - Are there any specific management-choices that can be made in the
   lead-up to a campaign to create those conditions?

We chose to focus on intrinsic library-level activities like programs,
collections, hours, technology, and staffing levels because—to a large
extent—these factors are controlled by the library leadership team. We also
looked at community-level demographics and characteristics like wealth,
education, and tax rates to learn if there were any determinants of the
outcome that were simply beyond the control of library leadership.
DOWNLOAD THE REPORT HERE  -
https://www.everylibraryinstitute.org/factors_of_success_report