[Libs-Or] FW: Apply for the ARSL Outstanding in Their Field Leadership Institute

Penelope Hummel penny at pennyhummel.com
Wed Jan 27 13:16:29 PST 2021

A great opportunity for rural librarians!

Penny Hummel

PENNY HUMMEL CONSULTING

penny at pennyhummel.com | 503.890.0494 | www.pennyhummel.com

Ensuring that libraries survive and thrive in challenging times

From: <arsl at memberclicks-mail.net> on behalf of Association for Rural & Small Libraries <arsl at memberclicks-mail.net>
Date: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 12:56 PM
To: <penny at pennyhummel.com>
Subject: Apply for the ARSL Outstanding in Their Field Leadership Institute

Hello, Penny!The ARSL Outstanding in Their Field Leadership Institute is a unique professional development opportunity built specifically for the "accidental" library leaders among us, leaders who may not have a Masters Degree in Library and Information Science but who are passionate about the profession and about the communities they serve. We are looking for 30 Outstanding people to join us for our 2021-22 cohort of the Institute beginning in August 2021.Not sure if the Institute is right for you? ARSL will be hosting a free Application Q&A webinar on Friday, January 29th at 11 am Pacific, 12 pm Mountain, 1 pm Central, 2 pm Eastern. Registration is required. A recording will be sent to all registrants following the webinar.Participants, or “Outfielders,” will undertake 18 months of online and in-person interactive sessions. Participants will gain:
skills and confidence as leaders
a network of colleagues throughout the country
experiences at two ARSL conferences
Applications for the Institute will be accepted through February 24th, 2021.All participant travel, materials, and instructional expenses (worth approximately $8000) are covered by a grant from the Institute for Museum and Library Services. So while there are no monetary costs for participants, they will outlay their time, consistent engagement, and dedication to growing themselves and others as leaders. Thank you,The Association for Rural and Small Libraries
This email was sent to penny at pennyhummel.com by info at arsl.org

The Association for Rural & Small Libraries • PO Box 33731, Seattle, Washington 98133, United States • 206-453-3579

Remove My Email or Manage Preferences •  Privacy Policy