[Libs-Or] Grant opportunity for public libraries

HANNING Darci C * SLO Darci.HANNING at slo.oregon.gov
Thu Jul 1 11:21:11 PDT 2021

Greetings! (please pardon the duplicate email)

I wanted to pass along this grant opportunity for those that might be interested:

The National Citizen and Community Science Library Network is looking for public libraries across the country to join an Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) and Moore Foundation funded initiative that will help your library become a community hub for citizen science. Grantees will receive $1600 to purchase materials to build citizen science kits and individualized guidance on how to partner with your community to broaden participation in citizen science.

Applications are due by 5:00pm PST / 8:00pm EST on July 23, 2021. Please contact librarynetwork at scistarter.org<mailto:librarynetwork at scistarter.org> with questions.

Selected Partner Libraries will receive:

  *   $1600 stipend to support the creation of citizen science kits
  *   Marketing resources
  *   Professional development
  *   Ongoing support through community meetings
  *   Access to a national network of community-based organizations
  *   Evaluation reports

Next steps:

  1.  Learn more before applying by reviewing the application overview<https://media.scistarter.org/curated/library-resources_resources/Libraries+as+Community+Hubs+for+Citizen+Science+-+Application+Overview.docx.pdf>.
  2.  You are strongly encouraged to view the Application Webinar recording<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrrIs7gOp4s> to learn more.
  3.  Apply by completing this google form.<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeSC1wQDycFLS-N4LR-xvZwWgHyHQGMSpy2G5O85gdjcdO-qQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>

Please contact librarynetwork at scistarter.org<mailto:librarynetwork at scistarter.org> with questions.

Cheers,
Darci Hanning, MLIS (she/her/hers)
Public Library Consultant / CE Coordinator
State Library of Oregon | Library Support and Development Services
971-375-3491 | darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov> | www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow @StateLibraryOR: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
Continuing Education Resources: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/conted

[cid:image001.png at 01D76E6B.31B1F060]<https://www.northwestdigitalheritage.org/>      [cid:image002.png at 01D76E6B.31B1F060]