[Libs-Or] Most COVID-19 guidelines lifted for libraries

NIELSEN Buzzy * SLO Buzzy.NIELSEN at slo.oregon.gov
Wed Jul 7 14:50:59 PDT 2021

Hi everyone,

As of June 30, 2021, most COVID-19 health guidelines for businesses - including libraries - have been lifted. Attached are the current COVID-19 guidelines for libraries, which resulted from conversations with the Governor's Office and the Oregon Health Authority (OHA). The vast majority of the content is recommendations rather than requirements. For instance, face coverings and six-foot physical distancing are still highly recommended for unvaccinated individuals. However, there are two requirements that public libraries offering in-person youth programming are required to follow:

  1.  Have an infection control plan. Such plans are already required by Oregon Occupational Safety & Health of all employers. If your library doesn't have a specific plan, chances are that your parent institution (e.g. school, college, county, city) does.
  2.  Exclude from programs any individuals who have been diagnosed with COVID-19.

More details on both requirements can be found in the attached document and the supplementary sources it cites. You can find current COVID-19 information and guidelines on the OHA COVID-19 updates site<https://govstatus.egov.com/OR-OHA-COVID-19>. There's also a wealth of information still available on the State Library's COVID-19 guide for libraries<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus>.

On behalf of the State Library, I would like to say what a pleasure it is to see Oregon libraries once again providing services and welcoming back patrons who haven't been to your facilities in over a year. You all never ceased to amaze us with the innovative ways you found to continue to serve your communities during a pandemic the likes of which hasn't been seen for a century. I know that work came with it a lot of painful decisions library workers had to make both for themselves and their institutions. Thank you for all of your efforts and taking care of yourselves. While the pandemic isn't yet over and we must remain vigilant, I have no doubt that Oregon libraries will continue to be thoughtful, caring, and invaluable to the communities you serve.

Cheers!

Buzzy Nielsen, MPP, MSI (he/him/his)
Program Manager, Library Support & Development Services
State Library of Oregon
buzzy.nielsen at slo.oregon.gov | 971-375-3486
www.oregon.gov/library/libraries<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[cid:image001.png at 01D7733B.CD528140]<https://www.northwestdigitalheritage.org/>  [cid:image002.png at 01D7733B.CD528140] <http://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>