[Libs-Or] Reminder: Report intellectual freedom challenges to State Library by 7/31

OTTUM Tamara K * SLO Tamara.OTTUM at slo.oregon.gov
Mon Jul 26 09:00:04 PDT 2021

Just a reminder to report by July 31!

________________________________
From: Libs-Or <libs-or-bounces at omls.oregon.gov<mailto:libs-or-bounces at omls.oregon.gov>> on behalf of OTTUM Tamara K * SLO via Libs-Or <libs-or at omls.oregon.gov<mailto:libs-or at omls.oregon.gov>>
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2021 8:10:51 AM
To: libs-or at omls.oregon.gov<mailto:libs-or at omls.oregon.gov> <libs-or at omls.oregon.gov<mailto:libs-or at omls.oregon.gov>>
Subject: [Libs-Or] Report intellectual freedom challenges to State Library by 7/31

Hello Oregon library community,

Have there been any challenges to intellectual freedom at your library this past year (July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021)? If so, please report<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/oifc/report> them by July 31st.

Challenges may include any of the following:

  *   Materials challenge (print or digital content)
  *   Internet-related challenge (filtering issues, use policies)
  *   Library service (programs, displays, etc.)
  *   Patron privacy or confidentiality (personally identifiable information, circulation records)
  *   Hate crime (defacement of library property to target a specific group; use of swastikas or other symbols of intimidation, harassment, or assault on library property)
  *   Other (student publications, social media, artwork, "First Amendment Audit")

Unsure about whether something rises to the level of being worth reporting? Report it anyway. The more information we have, the better picture we can paint about the intellectual freedom landscape in Oregon.

Questions? Please contact me!

Tamara Ottum (she/her)

State Library of Oregon

tamara.ottum at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:tamara.ottum at slo.oregon.gov> | 971-375-3543
www.oregon.gov/library/libraries<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>

Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> |YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>