[Libs-Or] Join PLIX for free upcoming Facilitating Creative Learning online course

HANNING Darci * SLO Darci.HANNING at slo.oregon.gov
Tue Mar 2 12:51:35 PST 2021

Greetings!

I’m passing this along the following as it may be of interest to many of you:

Hi everyone,

My name is Lydia and I am writing on behalf of the Public Library Innovation Exchange (PLIX)<http://plix.media.mit.edu/>. PLIX connects public library professionals and MIT Media Lab researchers to co-design learning experiences, develop and share facilitation practices, and integrate creative learning<https://learn.media.mit.edu/creative-learning> into public library programming. PLIX strives to increase equitable access to and broaden participation in STEAM programming.

I'm excited to share with you our upcoming Facilitating Creative Learning online course<https://plix.media.mit.edu/events/fcl-online-course-2021/>. The 4-week online course will begin the week of April 26, 2021. We plan to spend about eight hours total together—some in shared time together, but mostly asynchronous. And, thanks to support from IMLS, it is free to participate!

With these four weeks of interactive professional development, you'll gain the skills and confidence to start facilitating creative STEAM programming for your patrons. You can head to our website<https://plix.media.mit.edu/events/fcl-online-course-2021/> to read more and sign up.

I hope many of you are able to join us! Feel free to send me an email directly at lguterma at media.mit.edu<mailto:lguterma at media.mit.edu> for any questions about this workshop or PLIX in general.

Warmly,

Lydia

[cid:image001.png at 01D70F62.C6181E40]

--
Lydia Guterman (she/her)
Library Engagement Coordinator

Cheers,
Darci Hanning, MLIS (she/her/hers)
Public Library Consultant / CE Coordinator
State Library of Oregon
darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov> | 971-375-3491
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/playlists>
Continuing Education Resources: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/conted

[cid:image002.png at 01D70F62.C6181E40]