[Libs-Or] OLA 2021 OLA Library Legislative Day: TRAINING WEBINAR AVAILABLE NOW!

Sue Ludington, OLA Legislative Committee Chair ldlcchair at olaweb.org
Tue Mar 2 16:21:15 PST 2021

Good afternoon,
As of March 2, I’m happy to report that *Library Legislative Day (LLD) *is
off to a wonderful start! Some of you have already had appointments with
your legislators, and I’m hearing a lot of positive feedback.

*Have you made an appointment yet? It’s not at all too late, and anyone who
loves libraries can do it!* Remember, we’re being flexible this year and
remaining open to appointment slots anytime in the month of March. Once
again, here is the link to the sign-up sheet for making appointments:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dYc0KIPg-twVFi7gSnLxlxzyzMK1bSWrFYcQIAA5x9w/edit?usp=sharing

Although I made an embarrassing blunder by double-booking Zoom meeting
rooms, causing confusion for all who attempted to log-in and failed, I’m
pleased to let you know our* “Prepare to Talk to Your Legislator!” webinar
training* scheduled for yesterday (Monday, March 1) *was* ultimately held
and - more importantly - recorded successfully (whew!).

You *can now watch the recording* via this link
<https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/iNqlWDfHj5bRARxl0ZhH5KmkBKTCkpAjCEGqoOK9seUf2rz1rW4q3a5oBs5wkrAY.cGAVYD2SAfRnD9GX?startTime=1614627463000>,
which is also posted on the LDLC website
<https://www.olaweb.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=199> (4th
bullet point under "OLA Library Legislative Week 2021: March 1 - March 5,
2021").

In about 35 minutes, with the help of OLA’s lobbyist Nicole Mann, we
discuss the three legislative bills that OLA is supporting in 2021 by
*providing
status updates and clearly identifying the current “ask” for each one*. We
also cover some tips for effectively communicating with legislators, and
respond to a couple of specific questions from attendees.

I hope you’ll take the time to watch and learn, and ideally be inspired to
connect with your legislator during this month. As Nicole says,
“Legislators are people too, and are eager to hear from their
constituents.” *Let’s get those library supporter voices out there!*

As always, I am here to answer questions or offer guidance; additionally,
OLA Vice President Arlene Weible (email: olavp at olaweb.org) has kindly
agreed to provide backup and help me field your LLD comments and queries.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to either of us!

Thanks for your continued dedication to OLA!

Best,
Sue

*****
Sue Ludington
Library Development & Legislative Committee, Chair 2020-2021
Oregon Library Association
ldlcchair at olaweb.org
541-682-4337 (w)
503-754-4653 (h)