[Libs-Or] ESU-SLIM: Spring continuing education courses

Jeana Menger jmenger at emporia.edu
Wed Mar 3 14:00:46 PST 2021

Emporia State University's School of Library and Information Management is pleased to offer the following continuing education courses. These asynchronous, online courses run from March 29 to May 7. Enrollment for each course is $125 per person.

Grant Writing<https://secure.touchnet.com/C20725_ustores/web/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=799>, presented by Carmen Cowick

Have a great idea that needs grant funding but don't know where to start? Think applying for a grant is too complicated? Think again! This course will help you understand how to identify funding resources, the process of creating and submitting a grant, and how to seek continuing funding for your project.

Presenter bio, additional course information, and registration available here.<https://secure.touchnet.com/C20725_ustores/web/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=799>

.:.

Resources for Young Families<https://secure.touchnet.com/C20725_ustores/web/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=798>, presented by Elizabeth Hoffman and Jeana Menger

This course explores the importance of the role of parents/guardians as a child's first teachers and how librarians can foster the development of early literacy in the home. Students apply knowledge of community evaluation and childhood development to the design of parent education and outreach services. Emphasis will be given to outreach in historically underserved populations, encouraging parent interaction with children, and early language development in young children.

Presenter bios, additional course information, and registration available here.<https://secure.touchnet.com/C20725_ustores/web/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=798>

.::.

Work and Our Well-Being<https://secure.touchnet.com/C20725_ustores/web/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=801>, presented by Brenda Hough

The coronavirus pandemic is impacting almost every aspect of our lives. Many library employees are under a great deal of stress and are experiencing a high level of uncertainty. An emphasis on workplace well-being is more important than ever. How can we take care of ourselves and take care of one another as we respond to the needs of our communities? Topics in this course will include:

*       Why does workplace well-being matter?

*       What contributes to feelings of well-being in the workplace?

*       Tactics for dealing with stress and burnout

*       Strategies for taking care of your well-being at work - How-to be a good place to work

Join the course to better understand your own experience of work and to gain practical ideas for improving workplace well-being for yourself and others.

Presenter bio, additional course information, and registration available here.<https://secure.touchnet.com/C20725_ustores/web/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=801>

Emporia State University SLIM continuing education courses are $125 per person. Courses run March 29 through May 7.

[Emporia State University]
Jeana Menger, MLS
Director, Oregon MLS Program
School of Library and Information Management
Emporia State University
620-794-5436
www.emporia.edu/slim/<http://www.emporia.edu/slim/>