[Libs-Or] Children's position opening at Newberg Public Library

Korie Jones Buerkle korie.buerkle at newbergoregon.gov
Wed Mar 10 10:08:49 PST 2021

The Newberg Public Library is seeking a dynamic Children's Services person to join our team after a recent retirement. Our Children's Services team includes a full-time supervisor and another 30-hour position. Must be available to work evenings and Saturdays.

We are looking for a team member who:
*       Values and works to improve inclusive and equitable collection development, programming practices, reference services and welcoming spaces for families of all races, orientations, religions and abilities. Spanish language skills are valued.
*       Has early literacy training and incorporates that training in storytimes, collection development, reference services and community engagement.
*       Enjoys working on a team that continually evaluates areas needing improvement, services and community needs, and is willing to make changes and excited to try new things.

Position closes on 4/1/21. Please find the details here:
https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/newbergoregon/jobs/3007004/librarian-1-early-literacy-elementary-services-regular-part-time-30-hours-wk?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs

Korie Jones Buerkle
Children's Librarian | Assistant Library Director
Work Cell: 971-281-1796
Newberg Public Library
(She, her, hers)