[Libs-Or] Northwest ILL & Resource Sharing 2021 Virtual Conference - Call for Proposals

Summer Steele steeles at ohsu.edu
Wed Mar 10 14:46:47 PST 2021

**With customary apologies for cross-posting**

Mark your calendars!

The 20th Annual Northwest Interlibrary Loan and Resource Sharing Conference will be taking place September 1 - 3, 2021 ONLINE. Look for registration to open in June 2021.

If you would like to revisit last year's conference, view our 2020 Program<https://nwill.org/2020-conference-program>. Session titles that are linked have recordings available to the public.

Call for Proposals

The NWILL Conference Committee invites proposals for lightning rounds (7-10 minutes) and regular sessions (45 minutes) of interest to interlibrary loan and resource sharing practitioners from all over North America and the world. *Please note that the presentation must be in English, as that is the predominant language of the conference, but it does not need to be your first language.*

Additionally, please note that you DO NOT need to be working in resource sharing yourself. You could be in Access Services, Technical Services, Special Collections, etc... and possess knowledge that would be of value to the ILL community. While proposals from academic libraries are our most frequent contributors, we strongly encourage submissions from all types of libraries, such as public libraries, prison libraries, tribal libraries, government libraries, military libraries, and others.

Furthermore, we encourage people from diverse backgrounds to participate in this process. This includes people from different types of institutions, gender, race, religion, and neurodiversity. We truly want to be as representative of our community as possible.

The following topics (in alphabetical order) are of interest to the Program Committee and have been requested by previous attendees. We welcome proposals on other topics as well, as long as they would be of value to the resource sharing community:

*        Budget challenges

*        Copyright/CONTU

*        COVID innovations

*        Diversity & Inclusion

*        ILL 101

*        ILL plus other responsibilities

*        Patron Outreach

*        Staffing shortages (regular and student/volunteer)

*        Work/Life Balance

Presenters and co-presenters receive free registration to the conference.

Please note that sessions from an organization or company about a product will not be considered. If you represent an organization or company interested in promoting your product, please contact our nwillconf at gmail.com<mailto:nwillconf at gmail.com>. A user wishing to present a product (that they are not professionally affiliated with) is a valid presentation.

Submit your proposals here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSehvEMhV3ZWAlLKNSWT0Rl5YbTK5yFFiSCcWIBnzqcBcVcrgQ/viewform> - Deadline: April 16th, 2021

If you have questions, please email nwillconf at gmail.com<mailto:nwillconf at gmail.com>.