[Libs-Or] Fwd: [REFORMANET] Children in Crisis Call to Action

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 15:35:39 PDT 2021

Please help and share.

Thank you!

Max

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Patrick Sullivan <sullivan at sdsu.edu>
Date: Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 2:12 PM
Subject: [REFORMANET] Children in Crisis Call to Action

Hello Reformistas,
The REFORMA Children in Crisis project has been addressing the needs of
asylum seeking children arriving at our borders since 2014 when Oralia
Garza de Cortes and Lucia Gonzalez founded the group. Over these years
there has been an ebb and flow of activity as the arrival of children has
fluctuated and as the U.S. national policy has changed.
Today we find ourselves in a very challenging situation as we attempt to
send books to both sides of the border for the rapidly rising number of
arriving children and families. Over the years we have worked with
traditional shelters here in the U.S. like those of Southwest Key and with
grassroots organizations like Team Brownsville on the Brownsville/Matamoros
border, Jewish Family Services, Catholic Charities and others.
We are today asking for your help again so that we can purchase more
Spanish and bilingual Spanish/English books for the children. Please help
us spread the word about the need for donations to purchase books and to
ship them to the various shelters, transportation points where the children
are passing through and anywhere else that we and our supporters find the
arriving children.

Donations can include funds & books.
To donate funds please visit:
https://refugeechildren.wixsite.com/refugee-children/donate

To donate books directly or if you are a distributor/publisher/bookstore
please email cic at reforma.org to coordinate this option.

Each day we are seeing a more inhumane situation at the border for the
Central American children and the goal of Children in Crisis is to make
this situation just a little more bearable for the kids by providing them
books to accompany them.

Thanks for your past support and we hope you will help our current
asylum-seeking youth to find some relief, solace and diversion, by getting
books to them
in their home language(s)!

REFORMA's Children in Crisis Project
cic at reforma.org
- Oralia Garza de Cortes & Patrick Sullivan

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/REFORMANet/CAL2a-2f3sLamCWKR7bs97cvAqqWVKd9c8SMh12LU_Sq-yqe4Hg%40mail.gmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/REFORMANet/CAL2a-2f3sLamCWKR7bs97cvAqqWVKd9c8SMh12LU_Sq-yqe4Hg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.

--
-
Max Macias [image: A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in

Social media is mind control.

The ideas expressed in these emails in no way represent any organization's
viewpoints, or opinions.  The opinions, ideas and reflections are my own
personal intellectual property.

Publishing

Lowrider Librarian <http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/>
Librarians With Spines  <https://www.librarianswithspines.com/>