[Libs-Or] ESU-SLM MLS program transitions

Jeana Menger jmenger at emporia.edu
Tue May 4 14:30:12 PDT 2021

Hello Everyone,

Our dean, Dr. Wooseob Jeong, has asked that I share this message with you:

Dear Fellow Librarians,

Emporia State University's School of Library and Information Management (SLIM) has provided an ALA-accredited Master of Library Science (MLS) program in a hybrid format since 1988 (in Oregon since 1994). Faculty would travel to our regional locations for weekend class intensives twice a semester and our regional directors served as academic advisors. However, due to COVID-19 and travel restrictions, SLIM transitioned to a fully online model with virtual weekend classes.

During the pandemic, our faculty has continued to deliver the same high quality of instruction as the pre-COVID era - and we have decided to offer this fully online program starting this fall.

Our fully online MLS program will offer convenience and affordability with a total cost of about $19,000 for the whole degree. Most students complete the 36 credit hour program in two years by taking six credits a semester while working full time. ESU and SLIM offer high-impact learning and generous scholarship opportunities to support our students during and after their education.

We are currently admitting students for the Fall 2021 semester. For more information, please visit our website at https://www.emporia.edu/slim or contact us at sliminfo at emporia.edu.

Sincerely,

Wooseob Jeong
Dean, SLIM

___

Please also feel free to contact me directly if you have questions about the program changes.

Jeana Menger, MLS
Director, Oregon MLS Program
School of Library and Information Management
Emporia State University
620-794-5436
www.emporia.edu/slim/