[Libs-Or] FW: Looking for Examples of Libraries that need to be renovated OR communities that need more libraries.

Alma Plasencia APlasencia at cityofsalem.net
Fri May 7 16:09:13 PDT 2021

From: reformanet at googlegroups.com <reformanet at googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Mario Ascencio
Sent: Friday, May 7, 2021 2:42 PM
To: reformanet at googlegroups.com
Cc: madeleinebk at gmail.com
Subject: [REFORMANET] Looking for Examples of Libraries that need to be renovated OR communities that need more libraries.

Dear REFORMISTAS,

Madeleine Ildefonso and I are working on a letter to send to the Congressional Hispanic Caucus to try and get their support to add the Build America’s Libraries Act (H.R. 1581 / S. 127) to President Biden’s Infrastructure Plan. The Build American’s Library Act calls for $5 billion to be invested in library renovations and contruction.

One approach for the letter is to mention specific libraries that are hampered by outdated or inadequate facilities. Ideally, this library is located in a Latino community. We need your help in identifying such libraries. Do you know of a library that predominantly serves the Latino community and needs repairs and/or is too small? If so, please let us know the name of the library and branch name.

Perhaps, you know of a community that is served by a bookmobile when in reality it really needs an actual library.

Time is of the essence and we need this information asap. With approval from the REFORMA Executive Committee, we would like the letter to go out early next week.

Best regards,

-Mario and Maddie, Co-Chairs
REFORMA Legislative Committee

The purpose of this email discussion and announcement list is for general announcements and discussions. Please remember to abide by REFORMA's Listserv policies which can be found at: https://www.reforma.org/reformanet
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "REFORMANET" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/REFORMANet/DCBAFDAA.372E7%25mario.ascencio%40artcenter.edu<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/REFORMANet/DCBAFDAA.372E7%25mario.ascencio%40artcenter.edu?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.