[Libs-Or] Welcome to NNLM Region 5!

Michele A. Spatz mspatz at uw.edu
Tue May 18 11:59:01 PDT 2021

Hello everyone!
As you may know, on May 1, the National Library of Medicine (NLM) awarded a new five-year cooperative agreement<https://www.nlm.nih.gov/news/NNLM_Cooperative_Agreement_Announcement_Statement.html> grant to seven institutions to serve as the Regional Medical Libraries (RMLs) for the Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM) beginning May 1.
Under the new redistributed geography of this grant, the NNLM Region 5 RML at the University of Washington Health Sciences Library will serve Alaska, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, and U.S. Territories and Freely Associated States.
Our vision for the NNLM Region 5 program in 2021-26 will advance data-driven health, health equity, and health literacy to improve public health by reaching more people in more ways through NNLM outreach, funding, and training opportunities.
To learn more, we hope you will join us at one of the Town Halls we will host in June to introduce our staff and provide an overview of our program.
Our Town Hall program will be repeated 3 times. Join us at a date and time convenient for you!
Town Hall: June 8th, 9th, or 10th
3:00 - 3:45 p.m. Pacific Time
Zoom: https://washington.zoom.us/j/96078807480?pwd=SmEyNDdDQmdMMmZWRnJqcDJac242dz09
No registration required

Also, here are other ways to stay connected with the new NNLM Region 5 office:

  *   Follow us on social media:
     *   Facebook https://www.facebook.com/nnlmregion5
     *   Twitter https://twitter.com/nnlmregion5
     *   Instagram https://www.instagram.com/nnlmregion5/<https://www.instagram.com/nnlm_region_5/>
  *   Email us at nnlm at uw.edu<mailto:nnlm at uw.edu>
  *   Visit the NNLM website<https://nnlm.gov/>
We are grateful for this opportunity to begin our important work serving NNLM Region 5 and look forward to joining with you in these efforts.
Warm regards,
Michele Spatz
Network of the National Library of Medicine Region 5 staff
https://nnlm.gov/
nnlm at uw.edu<mailto:nnlm at uw.edu>