[Libs-Or] Self-checkout & Alma opinions?

Wells, Jennifer K Jkwells at pacificu.edu
Tue May 25 15:33:13 PDT 2021

Hi, everyone!

We're exploring purchasing some self-checkout kiosks and would love to hear any and all recommendations and/or cautionary tales involving Alma/Primo.

Has anyone tried Meescan<https://meescan.com/>? (Our top choice so far.)

Our goals for self-checkout include improving patron privacy, reducing potential social anxiety, and increasing accessibility in locations where circulation desks aren't always staffed.

We like that Meescan is small and modular, relatively cheap and can work without a kiosk through a mobile app. However, it doesn't have a way for patrons to return items (yet), which would be useful at our unstaffed locations.

Any other ideas out there?

Thanks and obligatory apologies for cross-posting,

Jennifer Wells | MLS | Circulation Supervisor | 503-352-1422

Tim & Cathy Tran Library

Pacific University | 2043 College Way
Forest Grove, OR 97116

she/her/hers