[Libs-Or] Acting State Librarian

PATTERSON Jennifer L * SLO Jennifer.L.PATTERSON at slo.oregon.gov
Wed May 26 21:11:32 PDT 2021

Library community,
I am pleased to share that Nancy Hoover joined the State Library this week to serve as the Acting State Librarian while a search is on for a permanent replacement. Nancy was the University Librarian at Marylhurst University from 2003 to 2018 and the Acting Dean of Libraries at Concordia University-Portland from 2019-2020. In addition to academic libraries, Nancy has worked in several law libraries including the US Court of Appeals and Stoel, Rives LLP, both of which are located in Portland.

Nancy has a BA from Antioch College in Yellow Springs, OH and an MLS from the School of Information at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, NY. Nancy has taught library science courses for Emporia State University cohorts around the west including Portland and for the Portland State University School of Education, Library Media Specialization.

Nancy has had a variety of leadership experiences in addition to her day jobs. In 2010, Nancy represented the State of Oregon as a delegate on the Horner Library Exchange with the Fujian Province, China, which is the sister Province to the State of Oregon. In 2012, Nancy became a Frye Leadership Fellow (now known as The Leading Change Institute). In 2019, Nancy served as a LIOLA (Leadership Institute of OLA) mentor.

Nancy's professional interests focus on strategic planning, assessment, leadership, and staff development and support. In her free time Nancy plays a lot of tennis, enjoys her two granddaughters and volunteers with organizations that encourage literacy in children and adults.

Please join me in welcoming Nancy to the State Library!

Best,
Jennifer

Jennifer Patterson (she/her/hers)
State Librarian
State Library of Oregon
jennifer.l.patterson at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:jennifer.l.patterson at slo.oregon.gov>
Office: 503-378-4367 | Cell: 971-375-2713
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[Title: State Library of Oregon]