[Libs-Or] ESU-SLIM: Free webinar next Tuesday, Nov. 9

Jeana Menger jmenger at emporia.edu
Wed Nov 3 16:00:52 PDT 2021

Emporia State University's School of Library and Information Science invites you to join us for this free webinar:

Navigating Nonfiction Readers' Advisory, presented by Robyn Bravi

Tuesday, Nov. 9
12 p.m. Pacific

Registration required: https://bit.ly/NonficRA (you will receive confirmation with a link to the webinar)

How much of the library collection is nonfiction? How well does it circulate? How do we let our patrons know our nonfiction collection is broad, engaging, and worth their time to explore? By utilizing readers' advisory.

This webinar is perfect for library workers who deliver reading suggestions to patrons in the public, academic, or school setting. Whether you're brand new to readers' advisory or a long-time practitioner, please join this discussion. You'll learn how to think about the vast category of nonfiction in four manageable parts, explore different conversation starters that lead to nonfiction suggestions, and discover some nonfiction titles to read next.

Robyn Bravi is a technology consultant at the South Central Kansas Library System. She is a voracious reader and deeply passionate about connecting readers to books.

[Emporia State University]
Jeana Menger, MLS
West Coast MLS Academic Advisor
School of Library and Information Management
Emporia State University
620-794-5436
www.emporia.edu/slim/<http://www.emporia.edu/slim/>