[Libs-Or] any guidance for library meeting room/study room use during covid?

NIELSEN Buzzy * SLO Buzzy.NIELSEN at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Oct 1 08:58:39 PDT 2021

Bryan et al,

Unfortunately there’s no official state guidance on use of meeting or study rooms. Stephanie and Dale mentioned some of these, but I wanted to summarize some of best practices I’ve seen. Much of this is mentioned in the CDC’s Employer Information for Office Buildings<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/office-buildings.html>.

  *   Ensure that meet room users follow current mask guidance<https://sharedsystems.dhsoha.state.or.us/DHSForms/Served/le2288k_r.pdf>.
  *   Allow time between bookings for the air to settle and circulate.
  *   Ensure proper air circulation. OHA’s indoor air considerations for smaller spaces<https://sharedsystems.dhsoha.state.or.us/DHSForms/Served/le3725_R.pdf> has tips.
  *   Along those lines, weather permitting, keep windows open in the rooms, if they have them.
  *   Space out furniture, or remove some of it completely, to encourage physical distancing.
  *   Provide ample hand sanitizer in the space.
  *   While the state no longer has occupancy limits, you can set lower occupancy limits for your meeting spaces.
  *   Replace high-touch communal items, such as coffee pots, with alternatives such as pre-packaged, single-serving items.
  *   Consider installing no-touch activation methods for water fountains and sinks.

Cheers!

Buzzy Nielsen, MPP, MSI (he/him/his)
Program Manager, Library Support & Development Services
State Library of Oregon
buzzy.nielsen at slo.oregon.gov | 971-375-3486
www.oregon.gov/library/libraries<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[Logo for the Northwest Digital Heritage project]<https://www.northwestdigitalheritage.org/>  [Logo for the Library Support & Development Services division at the State Library of Oregon] <http://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>