[Libs-Or] Oregon Archives Month is Back!

Paige Monlux paigem at multco.us
Thu Oct 7 07:29:16 PDT 2021

*[apologies for any cross-postings]*

Dear colleagues,

We would like to share with you several local events and activities in
celebration of Oregon Archives Month. Additional information is below. Please
help us spread the word by sharing this with your users and communities.

Happy Archives Month!
Paige

- - - - - - - - - -
Oregon Archives Month is Back!

October is Oregon Archives Month and archives up and down the Willamette
Valley are inviting you to celebrate with us! Even though the pandemic
continues to keep us apart physically, we have online or socially distanced
activities that take you behind the scenes, introduce you to archival
resources, talk about what we do, and share activities you can do on your
own. There are self-guided tours, video tours of archives, collection
highlights, and even a coloring book. There’s something for everyone and
you are guaranteed to discover something new!

Archives come in all sizes. From the National Archives and Records
Administration to your own personal family photo albums. They have in
common the simple fact that they provide valuable evidence of the past.
Archival records include correspondence, diaries, financial and legal
documents, photographs, vido or sound recordings, and electronic records.
These records document how communities, beliefs, practices, and preferences
have changed over the years.  Historical records can shed new light on
common beliefs or explain how things have come to pass.

American Archives Month is a collaborative effort by professional
organizations and repositories around the nation to highlight the
importance of records of enduring value.

Visit Archives Month 2021 <https://portlandarchives.wordpress.com/?p=477>
to discover events and activities online and nearby.

Participating organizations:
Architectural Heritage Center <http://www.visitahc.org>
<http://www.visitahc.org>
City of Portland Archives & Records Center
<http://www.portlandoregon.gov/archives/>
<http://www.portlandoregon.gov/archives/>
Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum <https://www.evergreenmuseum.org/>
<https://www.evergreenmuseum.org/>
Five Oaks Museum <https://fiveoaksmuseum.org/>
<https://fiveoaksmuseum.org/>
George Fox University/NWYM Archives
<http://www.georgefox.edu/library/about/archives/index.html>
<http://www.georgefox.edu/library/about/archives/index.html>
Japanese American Museum of Oregon <http://www.oregonnikkei.org/>
<http://www.oregonnikkei.org/>
Lewis & Clark College <http://specialcollections.lclark.edu>
<http://specialcollections.lclark.edu>
Mazamas Library and Historical Collections <https://mazamas.org/library/>
<https://mazamas.org/library/>
Multnomah County Archives <https://multco.us/records/county-archives>
<https://multco.us/records/county-archives>
OHSU Historical Collections & Archives <http://www.ohsu.edu/library/hca>
<http://www.ohsu.edu/library/hca>
Oregon Historical Society <https://www.ohs.org/>
<https://www.ohs.org/>
Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education
<http://www.ojmche.org>
<http://www.ojmche.org>
OSU Special Collections and Archives Research Center
<http://scarc.library.oregonstate.edu/>
<http://scarc.library.oregonstate.edu/>
PSU Library Special Collections & University Archives
<http://library.pdx.edu/research/special-collections-university-archives/>
<http://library.pdx.edu/research/special-collections-university-archives/>
Reed College <http://library.reed.edu/special-collections/index.html>
Willamette Heritage Center <https://www.willametteheritage.org/>

*Paige Monlux (she/her)*
*Digital Archivist*
Records Management & Archives <https://multco.us/records>
Multnomah County
503.988.3741 | interoffice: 425/Archives
Hours: Mon-Thu 6:30a-4p, Fri 6:30a-3p
Note: I am out of the office every other Friday.

*Explore Multnomah County's Digital Archives
<https://multco.access.preservica.com/>!*

    <https://multco.access.preservica.com/>