[Libs-Or] How Myrtle Point's tiny library stepped up during the pandemic

OLA President olapresident at olaweb.org
Fri Oct 29 08:45:15 PDT 2021

If you need a pick me up after a long work week, I highly recommend
listening to Jefferson Public Radio’s recent interview with Shanna Allen
<https://www.ijpr.org/show/the-jefferson-exchange/2021-10-27/thu-8-am-how-myrtle-points-tiny-library-stepped-up-during-the-pandemic>,
the director of the Flora M. Laird Memorial Library
<https://www.ci.myrtlepoint.or.us/general/page/flora-m-laird-memorial-library>
in Myrtle Point (Coos County).

Shanna talks about all the great services she and the small staff at the
library have been able to provide to members of the Myrtle Point community
through the pandemic.  Shanna speaks with a great deal of positivity and
passion about the role of libraries and their power to build community.

This is one of many examples of library workers demonstrating their
resilience and commitment to providing library services through the
difficult times we have been experiencing over the last two years. It is
wonderful that Jefferson Public Radio has chosen to highlight some of this
work!

Link to full interview:

https://www.ijpr.org/show/the-jefferson-exchange/2021-10-27/thu-8-am-how-myrtle-points-tiny-library-stepped-up-during-the-pandemic
(Interview is about 16 mins.)

Congratulations to Shanna and the staff at the Laird Library!

--
Arlene Weible
Oregon Library Association President, 2021-2022
olapresident at olaweb.org