[Libs-Or] New learning content from People Connect Institute

HANNING Darci C * SLO Darci.HANNING at slo.oregon.gov
Thu Sep 2 13:39:34 PDT 2021

Greetings!

[cid:image001.png at 01D79FFF.F6B36DB0]

The State Library of Oregon is pleased to announce that Oregon libraries now have access to People Connect Institute (PCI) webinars! This means the staff, volunteers, and board members of Oregon libraries (of all types) will have access to live, weekly webinars and to over 200 previously recorded webinars, all covering a wide range of timely topics. These webinars are scheduled Wednesdays from 11:00a - 12:00p PT. For titles, descriptions, and registration information, please use visit the PCI Webinars section<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/conted#s-lib-ctab-24120710-2> of the CE LibGuide.

Live webinars are recorded and will be available through the Oregon Library Staff Academy about one week later while previously recorded webinars are available now.

To make room for all this new content, the Oregon Library Staff Academy homepage has had a makeover. Instead of hundreds in individual tutorials and recorded webinars, learners will be presented with high-level categories of content. Can't find what you're looking for? Use the >>Search All Tutorials link on the right and then use the search function [cid:image002.png at 01D79FFF.F6B36DB0]  at the top.

[cid:image003.png at 01D79FFF.F6B36DB0]

And the last big change to the Oregon Library Staff Academy is that as of September 1, learners will need to create a free account (if they haven't already created one) and be associated with an Oregon library (of any kind). You can request access from the home page<https://my.nicheacademy.com/oregonstaff> or if you're using an email that isn't obviously from an Oregon library, you can use this form<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OR-NicheAcademy>.

We're excited to be offering a large amount of new content<https://my.nicheacademy.com/oregonstaff> and encourage you to create your free account (or login in if you already have one) and check it out!

Questions, suggestions and feedback always welcome - please contact me!

Cheers,
Darci Hanning, MLIS (she/her/hers)
Public Library Consultant / CE Coordinator
State Library of Oregon | Library Support and Development Services
971-375-3491 | darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov> | www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow @StateLibraryOR: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
Continuing Education Resources: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/conted

[cid:image004.png at 01D79FFF.F6B36DB0]<https://www.northwestdigitalheritage.org/>      [cid:image005.png at 01D79FFF.F6B36DB0]