[Libs-Or] Reminder: Southern & Eastern EDI Cohorts open for applications

Stephanie Chase acornsandnuts at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 08:01:55 PDT 2021

Hello Oregon Library Community!

I would like to remind our colleagues working in libraries of all types in
rural southern and eastern Oregon about the Library of Eastern Oregon's
grant-funded regionally-based cohorts in rural Oregon, supporting library
staff, board members, and key volunteers in a year-long commitment to move
equity work forward in rural, conservative communities.

The six cohorts will meet four times between October 2021 and June 2022,
with the first two meetings taking place virtually on October 19, 2021 and
January 13, 2022, and the last two in person. The grant funds the travel
expenses for all participants, as well as a pool for substitute coverage
for our colleagues in solo libraries. The cohorts will meet in Pendleton,
La Grande, Ontario, Prineville, Lakeview, and, thanks to a partnership with
our colleagues in the Southern Oregon Library Federation, in Grants Pass.
There are 15 spots available in each cohort.

Interested in participating? Please fill out our short application at
https://bit.ly/2X3knn6. We encourage applications to be filed by September
17. *Library directors, please be sure to share this email with your staff
and let your Board members and key volunteers know of the opportunity.*

The work of the cohorts will be based on the Oregon Library Association's
Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Antiracism Committee's recently developed
and released Anti-Racism toolkit with a focus in each session of putting
the learning into practice, supporting cohort participants in implementing
what they have learned at their libraries and in their communities. You can
find out more by visiting the EDI Cohorts page on our website,
https://www.librariesofeasternoregon.org/edi-cohorts.

This project is made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and
Library Services through the Library Services and Technology Act,
administered by the State Library of Oregon.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Stephanie Chase
Executive Director, Libraries of Eastern Oregon
PO Box 233, Baker City, OR 97814
541/362.4258
she/her/hers