[Libs-Or] Library Statistics Best Practices - Questions

Michael Grutchfield mgrutchfield at jcls.org
Tue Sep 14 13:23:53 PDT 2021

Hello Oregon Library Community!
I've been working with the Statistics Committee at Jackson County Library Services, and with the State Library report coming up, we'd like to know how other libraries track their statistics during the course of the year.
To that end, I'd like to invite all libraries, large and small, to answer a few quick questions:
Do you have a dedicated staff member to collect and analyze statistical data? Do you have someone trained in working with statistics?
How often are you gathering data or presenting it to your Board? Is this done only when the report is due (annually) or on a quarterly, monthly, or other basis?
What tools are you using to collect, analyze, or present the data? Anything from a door counter to an Excel spreadsheet counts as a tool.
Thank you!

Michael Grutchfield, MLIS | he/him
Rogue River Branch Manager & Lower Rogue Area Manager
Jackson County Library Services
(541) 864-8862
mgrutchfield at jcls.org<mailto:mgrutchfield at jcls.org>