[Libs-Or] Rumored book/paper shortage

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org
Mon Sep 27 10:42:52 PDT 2021

Hi folks,

I'm wondering what, if any, changes you're making to your ordering practices this fiscal year given the rumors that we are facing paper and book shortages? I received an email last week from Ingram suggesting that we make pre-pub purchases as much as six months in advance, and that libraries who are on a calendar year fiscal year plan on spending the bulk of their budgets early. Typically we don't order more than 2-3 months in advance for high demand titles, but it's sounding like we may want to stretch that out a little farther. I am always hesitate to order too far in advance because it can be a pain when publication dates get changed, but it may be unavoidable in this case.

[dwsquare2]

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney
LIBRARY DIRECTOR
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
__

City of Lincoln City  |  Driftwood Public Library
801 SW Hwy 101 Ste 201  |  Lincoln City, OR
P: 541.996-1251
E: kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org<mailto:kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org>  | W: driftwoodlib.org