[Libs-Or] Collection Development Policies & Racism

Taylor Worley taylorlgkw at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 14:24:52 PDT 2021

Marly,

Thank you so very much for articulating so eloquently the struggles I have
been having internally. I'm deeply grateful for all the conversations, both
private and public, that we are having and will continue to have. While it
makes me uncomfortable to push back on anything from ALA, I agree that we
have to reconsider the reality of our world in relation to those idealized
documents. I'm hoping to report back to the whole listserv soon(ish) with
an update on how we are moving forward, as there has been a lot of interest
in that. Thank you again, Marly, and to everyone!

Very best,

*Taylor Worley                                                 *Youth
Services Librarian
Springfield Public Library
225 5th Street
Springfield, OR 97422
541.726.2243 (direct)
taylorlgkw at gmail.com
tworley at springfield-or.gov
*"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and
stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -A. A. Milne*