[Libs-Or] any guidance for library meeting room/study room use during covid?

Stephanie Debner stephanie.debner at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 17:13:39 PDT 2021

I had this same question and consulted with a doctor friend of mine who is
on the medical team in a congregate care facility who is up to the minute
on all things COVID. She didn't recommend sequential use of a space by
unmasked individuals, but said that one thing that could help mitigate the
risk is using HEPA filtration units in the rooms. The ones that are not for
very large spaces (<100 sq. ft.) are reasonably priced; filters need to be
changed every couple of months. She indicated that this would be more
effective than "airing the room out" between users.

Stephanie Debner
University Librarian
University of Western States