[Libs-Or] ALA Launches Unite Against Book Bans

OLA President olapresident at olaweb.org
Wed Apr 6 08:25:49 PDT 2022

ALA has launched Unite Against Book Bans <https://uniteagainstbookbans.org/>,
a national initiative to empower readers everywhere to stand together in
the fight against censorship.

[image: Campaign logo] <https://uniteagainstbookbans.org/>

Recent polling
<https://www.ala.org/advocacy/voters-oppose-book-bans-libraries> confirms
that large majorities of voters and parents oppose book bans in public and
school libraries, and they have overwhelmingly favorable opinions of public
and school libraries. We must join with others and raise our voices
together.

As National Library Week kicks off with the release of the State of
America's Libraries Report, including the Top 10 Banned Books, the sense of
urgency is clear. This campaign will engage with other state, local, and
national efforts to build a strong and vibrant network of individuals and
organizations working together to fight censorship.

Please join us by visiting Unite Against Book Bans
<https://uniteagainstbookbans.org/> and:

   - signing up for the campaign.
   - spreading the word to your networks.
   - following the campaign on social media: Twitter
   <https://twitter.com/UABookBans>, Facebook
   <https://www.facebook.com/UniteAgainstBookBans>, and Instagram
   <https://www.instagram.com/uniteagainstbookbans/>.

Together, we are a strong force for the value of libraries and the freedom
to read.

--
Arlene Weible
Oregon Library Association President, 2021-2022
olapresident at olaweb.org