[Libs-Or] Job Posting: Acquisitions & Cataloging Assistant, Pacific University

Gilman, Isaac gilmani at pacificu.edu
Fri Apr 15 09:54:04 PDT 2022

Join a collaborative, creative team in the Pacific University Libraries! We
are currently seeking applicants for an Acquisitions & Cataloging Assistant
at the Tim & Cathy Tran Library in Forest Gove.

This permanent, 20 hour/week, benefit-eligible position assists with
cataloging and acquisitions functions, physical processing, and maintenance
of collections at Pacific University Libraries. As part of the Collection
Services team, this position works under the supervision of the
Acquisitions & Cataloging Manager, and in collaboration with departmental
team members including the Collections Librarian, Open Resources Manager,
Electronic Resources Manager, and student workers. The Collection Services
team has responsibility for all collections excluding archival and special
collections. This is a dedicated, service-oriented department that values
developing new and innovative ways to support our users. Work must be
exclusively in person at the Tran Library in Forest Grove, Oregon while the
incumbent is training, after which time no less than 3 regularly-scheduled
days of in-person work per week will be required. Hours must be during
regular business hours (7am-6pm Monday through Friday) in order to support
departmental tasks such as receiving deliveries, attending meetings, and
supervising students. Some remote or alternately-scheduled work may be
possible, on a project by project basis.

For priority consideration, please apply by April 29, 2022 by submitting a
cover letter and resume through Pacific’s HR site (which also has
additional position information and application instructions):
*https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=30557&clientkey=ABFDAFED645B6920CFDB8559C078F8A5
<https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=30557&clientkey=ABFDAFED645B6920CFDB8559C078F8A5>*

Please contact me if you have any questions about the position or search
process.

Isaac

*Isaac Gilman* (he/him/his)
Dean of University Libraries | Professor
503-352-1401
Pacific University | 2043 College Way
Forest Grove, OR 97116
Tran Library 140

*I am proud to work at a university that inspires students to think, care,
create, and pursue justice.* | pacificu.edu