[Libs-Or] State to lift indoor mask mandate by 3/31

NIELSEN Buzzy * SLO Buzzy.NIELSEN at slo.oregon.gov
Mon Feb 7 15:14:32 PST 2022

Hi everyone,

Today Governor Brown and the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) announced that the State will lift the indoor mask mandate no later than March 31. This decision is driven by analysis of the current and predicted levels of hospitalizations and extra demand on the health care system predominantly driven by the COVID-19 Omnicron variant. The mandate could be lifted before March 31 if hospitalizations decrease sooner than expected. More details are provided in this bulletin from OHA:

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/ORDHS/bulletins/3098e7d

Even after the mandate is lifted, OHA still strongly recommends masking for people who are:

  *   Unvaccinated
  *   Immunocompromised
  *   At high risk of COVID-19 hospitalizations, including those with underlying health conditions and those 65 and older
  *   Living with people at high risk

Once the statewide mandate expires, local businesses and entities (including local governments) may establish their own masking requirements to protect employees and customers. If your library is interested in doing that, please consult the appropriate officials in your city/county/university/etc. You can also consult your county health department<https://www.oregon.gov/oha/ph/providerpartnerresources/localhealthdepartmentresources/pages/lhd.aspx> or other local health authority to find out more about how COVID-19 is affecting your particular area.

Please let me know if there are any questions I can help answer. This news is developing, so there may be further updates later.

Stay safe, stay healthy,

Buzzy Nielsen, MPP, MSI (he/him/his)
Program Manager, Library Support & Development Services
State Library of Oregon
buzzy.nielsen at slo.oregon.gov | 971-375-3486
www.oregon.gov/library/libraries<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[Logo for the Library Support & Development Services division at the State Library of Oregon]<http://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>