[Libs-Or] A great quote for libraries

Mark Rose mrose at hermiston.or.us
Wed Feb 16 09:04:32 PST 2022

The Hermiston Public Library has recently had some remodeling done, it's been great to see some building flow problems resolved and we hope to see more in the coming years. With the ease of putting up vinyl word art up I've looked for some appropriate quotes. The one below is one I hope we all consider as we work to move our libraries forward.

"The greatest threat to freedom is the absence of criticism."
Wole Soyinka Nobel Prize in Literature

Libraries are not a monolith, the only vision we should all share is to offer our customers the best quality library service we can with the resources available. No two libraries are exactly alike, and they are not likely to ever be. We should celebrate the success any of us experience and learn from our failures.

Mark Rose
Director, Hermiston Public Library
mrose at hermiston.or.us<mailto:mrose at hermiston.or.us>
541-667-5050