[Libs-Or] Job posting: Children's Services Librarian, Hood River County Library District (OR)

Rachael Fox rachael at hoodriverlibrary.org
Sun Jun 5 09:11:13 PDT 2022

Hi everyone,

The Hood River County Library District, based in Hood River, Oregon,
seeks a Children’s Services Librarian to focus on children’s information
services, collection maintenance, program and service creation and
community engagement. This opportunity is for someone who enjoys and is
able to effectively provide children’s services such as storytimes,
programming, system-wide team support and reference assistance, and who
has excellent technology and presentation skills to support outreach in
schools and the community

We serve about 24,000 people in north-central Oregon. We operate three
branches in the communities of Hood River, Cascade Locks, and Parkdale,
with a budget of around $2.6 million and a 11.45 FTE staff. We will be
adding a bookmobile in Summer 2022. We belong to the 70+ member Sage
Library System, proud users of Evergreen ILS. You can find details on
the job here:

  *

    Job announcement
    <https://hoodriverlibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/Job-announcement-Childens-Services-Librarian-2022-06-1.pdf>

  *

    Job description
    <https://hoodriverlibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/Job-description-Childrens-services-librarian-2022-06-02-1.pdf>

The District has a permanent tax base that gives it a stable base of
income. It is run by a dynamic and forward-thinking elected Board of
Directors and has a vibrant staff who are constantly thinking of new and
better ways to serve our diverse patrons. We're located right in heart
of the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area and include part of the
Mount Hood National Forest, with some of the best outdoor recreation
opportunities in the country and, in some cases, even the world!

The position is open until filled. The first review of applicants will
begin Tuesday, June 21, 5pm. Please let me know if you have any
questions. Please feel free to share this with anyone else you think
would be interested.

Thank you,

Rachael

*Rachael Fox *(she/her)