[Libs-Or] Summer Learning With Amigos Library Services

Jodie Borgerding borgerding at amigos.org
Tue Jun 21 09:00:54 PDT 2022

This is your last chance to register for these exciting courses!

Beyond the Basics: Next Level Readers' Advisory - Wednesday, July 6 and Thursday, July 7, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
Although there may be competing technologies, patrons continue to seek book recommendations from librarians. While Readers' Advisory is certainly not a new term in the library world, there are changes we can make to provide our patrons with the best recommendations possible from enhancing our Reader's Advisory skills to embracing new tools and resources. This course will explore best practices for Reader's Advisory as well as examine helpful tools and resources.

Amigos Member Fee      $ 180.00
Non-member Fee            $ 360.00
Registration closes July 1: https://www.amigos.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=1750

Library Management: Everyday Negotiations - Thursday, July 7, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
Managers and leaders leverage negotiation skills in a variety of situations, from obtaining team buy-in to defending library resources and services, to resolving conflicts. This course shares the negotiation skills and tools managers can use in their day-to-day work and helps alleviate the anxiety associated with workplace conflict.

Amigos Member Fee      $ 90.00
Non-member Fee            $ 180.00
Registration closes July 4: https://www.amigos.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=1745

Know and Go: Engaging Beginning Readers in the Library - Monday, July 11, 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm CDT
The transition from early reader to an independent reader can be an exciting time for young library users and their families, even though it poses challenges as families look for the best books to help these skills grow. Catch up on some strategies and programs for beginning readers in the library during this Know & Go session.

Amigos Members            Free
Non-member Fee            $ 35.00
Registration closes July 10: https://www.amigos.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=1757

Soft Skills for Library Staff - Thursday, July 14, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
Soft skills, such as communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills, play a critical role in virtual and in-person library services. Explore new ways to support staff's development in these areas by understanding soft skills, developing personal improvement goals and implementing training plans.

Amigos Member Fee      $ 90.00
Non-member Fee            $ 180.00
Registration closes July 11: https://www.amigos.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=1751

You can view our entire training schedule at https://amigos.org/continuing_education