[Mes] Designing Effective Surveys Training | April 16

MENG Brandy * DAS Brandy.MENG at oregon.gov
Wed Feb 20 10:19:39 PST 2019

Greetings,
I’m excited to announce a new course I’m rolling out statewide on how to design effective surveys.

Surveys are an essential tool for gathering information and feedback from a multitude of perspectives. When done well, they deliver incredible insights when you are looking for feedback from numerous people or people who are geographically dispersed. With an array of easy to use digital tools like SurveyMonkey at your fingertips, executing a survey is relatively simple.  But the actual survey design is where it gets complicated. If you’ve ever created a survey, you know it’s not as simple as it seems at first glance. In fact, carefully designing a survey that meets your objectives can take months.​

The audience for this course is HR Professionals, managers/supervisors, team leads, program managers, business analysts, project managers, or operation policy analysts who design surveys.

This course will cover:
·         Why survey design is important.
·         Formulating what you need to know into a question.
·         Understanding the population you will be surveying.
·         Different ways to administer your survey.
·         Writing and proofing your questions.
·         Testing and piloting your survey.

Class Information

April 16, 2019

Time:

8:30am to 4:30pm

Location:

626 High Street NE

Cost:

$75.00

Register:

http://tinyurl.com/y34joyex

For more information about the program including a schedule of upcoming classes click here<https://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Documents/DES.pdf>.

Please pass this information on to others you think might be interested.

Brandy Meng
Statewide Workforce Development Consultant
DAS – Chief Human Resources Office
503-480-6626

Management Education Series<http://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Pages/mds.aspx>

State Certified HR Professional Program<http://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Pages/schrp.aspx>