[Mes] ODOT Technical Center Manager (PEM-G) Job Opportunity

MENG Brandy * DAS Brandy.MENG at oregon.gov
Wed Mar 13 09:08:38 PDT 2019

Good morning,
ODOT is recruiting for a Region 1 Technical Center Manager (PEM-G) in Portland.

Please pass this on to others who may be interested.

Click here<https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Region-1-Headquarters---ODOT/Technical-Center-Manager_REQ-4869> to learn more and to apply!

For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146 or email odotrecruitmentEM at odot.state.or.us<mailto:odotrecruitmentEM at odot.state.or.us>.

The role:
Are you an innovative transportation professional with a passion for public service, team leadership and project delivery? Showcase your leadership as our Region 1 Technical Center manager, at Region 1 headquarters in downtown Portland, Oregon. In this role, you will lead a team of eight managers and discipline teams composed of over 100 engineering and technical professionals. Your strategic vision is key to ensuring that Region 1's technical staff develop and thrive professionally, to successfully deliver our capital program projects on time and on budget, and to provide high quality engineering and technical support to planning, local programs, maintenance and operations in the greater Portland Metro Area.

Our employees work on projects that challenge the industry standard and that give back to our communities. We are currently working on projects from the recent transportation package, HB2017<https://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/Pages/HB2017.aspx>.

A day in the life:

  *   Provide leadership in broad policy areas pertaining to technical competency, personnel management, training, safety, and related areas.
  *   Ensure engineering and professional work receives the appropriate level of technical direction, oversight and support.
  *   Provide oversight and leadership in establishing, implementing and maintaining engineering and technical standards and practices.
  *   Maintain and implement the Region 1 Quality Control and Quality Assurance Program for projects.
  *   Establish and monitor Region 1 Technical Center's annual budget, staffing resourcing and work plans.
  *   Recruit, select, supervise, appraise and mentor direct reports who are front line managers of technical disciplines.
  *   Participate in developing statewide policies, standards and strategies.
  *   Provide leadership, clear direction, effective coaching, periodic performance evaluations and specific feedback.
  *   Manage the development of designs and cost estimates for large transportation projects.
  *   Provide technical expertise to project teams during the scoping phase of projects.
  *   Regular travel within the area and region is expected.
  *   Occasional contact with elected and local officials, various media, stakeholders with competing demands/agendas and the public in conditions that may be stressful.
  *   Click here<https://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/About/HRDocuments/R1TCMPD.pdf> to view the position description, including the full list of duties and working conditions.

What we need:

  *   Six (6) years of management experience in a public or private organization, which included responsibility for each of the following:
     *   Development of program rules and policies.
     *   Development of long- and short-range goals and plans.
     *   Program evaluation.
     *   Budget preparation.
  *   Additionally, driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position.

What we'd like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It's how we will choose whom to move forward!

  *   Professional engineer (PE) licensure or other related professional licensure.
  *   Transportation-sector project delivery experience.
  *   Public works sector experience.
  *   Experience leading multidisciplinary teams.
  *   Graduate school level experience in engineering, planning, public administration, or a related field.

Learn more and apply!
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on April 8, 2019.

Click here<https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Region-1-Headquarters---ODOT/Technical-Center-Manager_REQ-4869> to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications and/or resumes through our website.