[OLA-IF-News] Recording of the talk: A Harm Reduction Approach: Applying the Library Freedom Institute in our work at OSULP

Robertshaw, Brooke Brooke.Robertshaw at oregonstate.edu
Tue Dec 4 07:49:49 PST 2018

For academics & others w/ a
Federal funding Something to know- Kelly didn’t go into FERPA & IRB and the actual LACK of protection they give. If you are interested in more information I’m happy to set up a presentation sometime.

:)
Brooke

Sent from my iPhone
--------------------------------------
M. Brooke Robertshaw, PhD
brooke.robertshaw at oregonstate.edu<mailto:brooke.robertshaw at oregonstate.edu>
Oregon State University Libraries
& Press
Office: 541.737.1780
Mobile: 541.870.6136
"Algorithms don't make things fair if
you just blithely, blindly apply algorithms. They repeat our past
practices, our patterns. They
automate the status quo."
   ~Cathy O'Neil, TED 2017