[OLA-IF-News] IF news from Alaska

Miranda Doyle doylem at loswego.k12.or.us
Thu Apr 23 17:12:15 PDT 2020

For me, this quote pretty much sums it up:

“Board member Jim Hart said that he had not read Fitzgerald’s ‘The Great
Gatsby’ since high school and had used Sparknotes to research the
controversial books rather than reading them.”

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 4:50 PM Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney <
kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org> wrote:

> Some school board shenanigans in Alaska...
>

> https://www.frontiersman.com/school-board-bans-books/article_b3ede1b2-859e-11ea-9bbe-6f25edee4078.html?fbclid=IwAR1-UnpRLePAam4AAqnN8M88cDt8BuFgfi70RkbNhtbaJ5G2nWoF3u83_SM
>

>  [image: 1529519400927_PastedImage]
>

> Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney, MLIS
>
> *LIBRARY DIRECTOR*
>
> __
>

> City of Lincoln City  *|*  Driftwood Public Library
>
> 801 SW Hwy 101
> <https://www.google.com/maps/search/801+SW+Hwy+101?entry=gmail&source=g>
> * |*  PO Box 50  *| * Lincoln City, OR
>
> *P:* 541.996.1251  *|*  *E**:* kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org
>
> *W: *Driftwoodlib.org *| **W**:* LincolnCity.org
>
> --
Sent from Gmail Mobile