[Or-srp] Storywalk Ideas and Links

Linda Annable L.Annable at Newportlibrary.org
Mon Aug 24 10:07:02 PDT 2020

Hello to You All,

At the Newport Public Library, on the coast, we are celebrating our fifth year presenting "Trail Tales"  in local parks.  Essentially the same idea as the "Storywalk" program, but we don't have to consider any of the copyright or trademark requirements or issues.   We are always happy to share/exchange ideas with other library folks.

Linda

Linda Annable
Newport Public Library
Supervising Librarian
541-574-5465

[Transparent_small]

PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSER: This e-mail is a public record of the City of Newport, and is subject to public disclosure unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law. This e-mail is subject to the State Records Retention Schedule for Cities.

From: Kids-lib <kids-lib-bounces at omls.oregon.gov> On Behalf Of Greta Bergquist via Kids-lib
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2020 9:41 AM
To: r2r-or at omls.oregon.gov; kids-lib at omls.oregon.gov; oyan at omls.oregon.gov; or-srp at omls.oregon.gov
Subject: [kids-lib] Monday, August 24th Storywalk Ideas and Links

Hello everyone,

Happy Monday! A number of you have experimented with storywalks this summer. I wanted to share a resource page for library storywalks from UNC's Dept. of Library and Information Studies that may be a good starting point if you are pondering this type of community engagement: https://letsmovelibraries.org/storywalk/

In Oregon, libraries who've been doing storywalks this summer that I've heard from (forgive me if I forget anyone) include: Independence, LaGrande, Monmouth, Seaside, & Stayton. These might be good places to connect with if you're curious and thinking about this kind of project.

Have a good week!

Best,

Greta

Greta Bergquist
Youth Services Consultant
503-378-2528 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image002.png at 01D679FB.08E44C60]