[Or-srp] Wednesday, July 15th Link to Cedar Mill's Project Lit booklists

Greta Bergquist greta.bergquist at state.or.us
Wed Jul 15 08:13:56 PDT 2020

Hi everyone,

You can access notes from yesterday's office hours here at the State Library COVID-19 Youth Resources<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus/youthsvcs> page. I wanted to highlight Project Lit<https://www.facebook.com/projectlitcommunity/>, which Mark Richardson talked a bit about - he's supporting that project with booklists,<https://wccls.bibliocommons.com/list/share/1280142247_wccls_teenreads/1414000067_project_lit_2019-2020_high_school> and by promoting these titles as a collection - He mentioned they don't stay on the shelves. Also, for what patrons can check out right now, both Cedar Mill and Happy Valley are doing a book bundles check-out situation, with patrons requesting topics and staff browsing for them and bagging up items for patrons - both these libraries talked about how this is pretty staff intensive and programming seems a long way away. I imagine many of you are feeling similar at the moment.

A few questions we have right now are:

*        How are we reaching out and working with schools in this time?

*        How are we working with performers in this time and for the foreseeable future?

*        What will OBOB look like next year?

*        How will we transition back and forth as things keep changing in the world around us?

One of my favorite works is Rainer Maria Rilke's  Letters to a Young Poet<https://www.brainpickings.org/2012/06/01/rilke-on-questions/> . I've been thinking about that piece since yesterday's call and how it just seems perfect for this time when so much is changing, especially: "...be patient towards all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves...Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer."

I wish you all a good rest of your week.

Best,

Greta

Greta Bergquist
Youth Services Consultant
503-378-2528 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image002.png at 01D65A80.46F7B180]