[Or-srp] Monday, March 30th

Greta Bergquist greta.bergquist at state.or.us
Mon Mar 30 14:14:42 PDT 2020

Hello library folks,

It's a rainy day here in Salem but I was still able to get the dog out for a short walk this morning. I hope wherever you are, you can take 10 minutes to breath outside this afternoon, it helps!

I wanted to say thank you to Korie for sharing how she's approaching her online storytimes<http://listsmart.osl.state.or.us/pipermail/kids-lib/2020-March/003485.html> and also to Keli for sharing the video tips<http://listsmart.osl.state.or.us/pipermail/kids-lib/2020-March/003487.html> - these are both awesome resources and may be helpful for you as we work to move services online. Thanks for sharing your knowledge, especially in this stressful time. I am continually impressed by how Oregon librarians work together and show up for each other!

Speaking of Korie, the Newberg team had created some posts for daily social media<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IgfvuMWPNUcMnnfzxOQFPHoEo2bVl-Kg7RD4EARIoEQ/edit?usp=sharing> from the CSD early literacy calendar resource<http://www.csdola.org/early-literacy.html>. Please feel free to continue using the CSD calendar if you'd like as you're creating online content - there is an early literacy tip for every single day of the year, both in English and Spanish!  I also wanted to highlight Vroom tips you could use to share out- these are even more early literacy tips you don't have to recreate and they are also in English and Spanish. Vroom shares a tip Monday-Friday on their Facebook and Twitter feeds, and you can also access them at their website<https://www.vroom.org/>. Please use and share if you would like.
Please join me tomorrow at noon for virtual lunch, here's the link: https://zoom.us/j/279500142
You don't have to have video to call in, you can also use your phone to call 1 253 215 8782 and use the Meeting ID: 279 500 142. We'll discuss how your libraries are responding to COVID-19, and any other topics attendees wish to bring up.
Take care,

Greta

Greta Bergquist
Youth Services Consultant
503-378-2528 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image002.png at 01D6069D.B80A8E60]