[Or-srp] Wednesday, May 27th Statewide Poetry Out Loud Streaming Tonight

Greta Bergquist greta.bergquist at state.or.us
Wed May 27 08:46:00 PDT 2020

Hello everyone,

Happy Wednesday! The Oregon Arts Commission hosts Oregon's Poetry Out Loud<https://www.poetryoutloud.org/> , a national program of the Poetry Foundation and the National Endowment for the Arts. More than 7,000 Oregon kids and teens participate every year. The statewide competition, in which participants compete for a spot to represent Oregon in Washington DC, is typically held at the Salem Public Library. This year, they're going virtual, and you can view it tonight at 6pm on Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/events/222230559229468/  Oregon's previous poet laureate, Kim Stafford, and new one, Anis Mojgani, will both be sharing, as will 7 young Oregonians. I was able to be a judge for the statewide competition last year and it is so inspiring - if you need some joy today, this might be a good one to watch and/or share!

Take care,

Greta

Greta Bergquist
Youth Services Consultant
503-378-2528 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image002.png at 01D63403.76457CE0]