[Or-srp] Friday, September 10th Shoutout

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Sep 10 14:37:25 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

Have the past couple weeks felt a bit strange to anyone else? Time feels a bit like it did at the beginning of the pandemic, when things took so long and then were so short at the same time...and my street is so very quiet now that school's started again, that's odd too. I continue to appreciate the work you are doing in this strange season!

I'm looking forward to seeing some of you at the Youth Services Summit<https://forms.gle/kDJnPusrWvr9YRJdA> or in our upcoming Transforming Teen Services<https://forms.gle/WCbJ5D7FDZoqFpf69> series. Your Summer Reading chairs, Dena Chaffin (CSD), Lisa Elliott (OYAN), and I are also planning Summer Reading office hours once a month from November through May, so keep an eye out for those links soon!

Today's shoutout goes to Adams<https://www.facebook.com/adamsoregon/posts/6681440538540074> and North Bend<https://www.facebook.com/NorthBendPublicLibraryOregon/posts/2782911861999511> for working with their Early Learning hubs - I know many more of you are working with hubs and these happen to be just the two I saw this week. Thanks so much to all of you for working to get kids ready for kindergarten. I have several important little people in my life starting kindergarten this fall and it's a really big deal! Thanks for all the work you're doing to help families be ready to start and be successful learners.

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[Title: State Library of Oregon]