[Or-srp] Friday, May 31st Shoutout

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri May 31 12:20:40 PDT 2024

Hi everyone,

I'm up in Washington today and hope wherever you are right now it is as lovely as it is up here - Spring in the Pacific Northwest is just the best! Last night I had the wonderful opportunity to attend the University of Washington iSchool's in-person Capstone Exhibition<https://ischool.uw.edu/event/capstone/2024/exhibition-hall> at their Seattle campus. This exhibition gives MLIS students a chance to share their research projects with the community and it was so great to see some Oregon connections!

A few highlights:

Forging Partnerships Between School and Public Library,<https://ischool.uw.edu/sites/default/files/capstone/2024/11650/CAPSTONE%20PROJECT%202024-%20KAREN%20DIAZ.pdf> Karen Diaz at Nellie Muir Elementary working with Woodburn Public Library
Grieve With Me<https://ischool.uw.edu/sites/default/files/capstone/2024/11835/Capstone%20Archive%20Project%20Overview%20-%20allie%20canavan.pdf> - A Children's Grief Library, Allie Canavan working with Portland's Dougy Center, the National Grief Center for Children and Families
Revitalizing Multnomah County Library's Spanish Language Picture Book Collection,<https://ischool.uw.edu/sites/default/files/capstone/project_documents/Archives_Revitalizing%20Multnomah%20County%20Library%27s%20Spanish%20Language%20Picture%20Book%20Collection.pdf> Ann Heiliger, Cathering Jensen, and Kimberly Peterson working with Multnomah County Library

I want to shoutout everyone working hard to keep learning and growing in service to their communities, and the students who keep pushing library services forward! I hope you all have a great weekend.

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[Title: State Library of Oregon]

[https://res.cdn.office.net/assets/bookwithme/misc/CalendarPerson20px.png]<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/1c6ecfda2cf847cbb61fed6237b880f6@slo.oregon.gov?anonymous&ep=signature>
Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/1c6ecfda2cf847cbb61fed6237b880f6@slo.oregon.gov?anonymous&ep=signature>