[OYAN] Announcing Dive into Saving for College Winners, and changes for next year
katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue Feb 8 13:53:30 PST 2011
I am pleased to announce the winners of Dive Into Saving for College. Thank you for your patience waiting to learn who the winners are; changes will be made for the 2011 summer reading sweepstakes to ensure publicity is more timely. The press release is attached, and the winners are listed below for those of you who are unable to open the attachment.
1. Beth Stimpson, Hillsboro Public Library
2. Kristi Heironimus, Sherwood Public Library
3. Jocelyn Pauli, Jackson County Public Library, Ashland Branch
4. Darren Schroeder, Multnomah County Library, Belmont Branch
5. Haily Wooldridge, Multnomah County Library, Woodstock Branch
6. Rachelle Hoskins, Albany Public Library
7. Cheryl Neeley, Siuslaw Public Library
8. Josip Susec, Cottage Grove Public Library
9. Marici Reid, Independence Public Library
10. Mary Sterling, Salem Public Library
11. Ryan Upton, Tillamook Public Library
12. Casey Miller, Deschutes Public Library
13. Kristine McConnell, Deschutes Public Library
14. Brian Carley, Multnomah County Library, Gresham Branch
15. Kim Richardson, Tualatin Public Library
Dive Into Saving for College Recap:
* 6,713 Oregon children and teens were entered into the drawing by their parents or guardians.
* Entries were received from 201 libraries and branches in Oregon.
* Oregon received the second highest number of entries among the 9 states that offered Dive Info Saving for College last summer.
Announcing Destination College Savings:
* The 2011 summer reading sweepstake will be called Destination College Savings.
* Libraries ordered materials for Destination College Savings when they completed the summer reading survey in November. Libraries should start receiving these materials in the beginning of May.
* Destination College Savings will begin June 1, 2011 and end September 2, 2011.
* The entry age for parents and guardians of summer reading participants will be lowered from 21 to 18 years of age, and materials will more clearly explain that adults may enter both for their own children (teens) and their grandchildren (teens' babies). We are unable to lower the age more because federal law prohibits people under 18 entering this program.
* Librarians and their families will be eligible to enter, as will most State employees. The only people not eligible are employees of the Office of the State Treasurer, TIAA-CREF, the PR firms marketing the sweepstakes and the employees' families.
* Winners will be selected in a random drawing within the first few weeks of September 2011. Once winners' eligibility has been verified, they will be notified and given until approximately October 15, 2011 to complete and return the paperwork necessary to claim their prize. Libraries will be notified that they have a winner after their winner's paperwork has been approved and they have been confirmed as a winner. Libraries with confirmed winners will receive a sample press release so they can publicize their winner locally as soon as possible. Statewide publicity will take place for all winners who claimed their prize by approximately October 15-probably the beginning of November 2011.
* There will not be a re-draw for prizes not claimed by the October 15 deadline. However, libraries listed on the entry form of the person who did not claim their prize will still receive $500 for participating in Destination College Savings.
Please let me know if you have any questions about the changes.
Katie Anderson, Library Development Services
* Youth Services Consultant * Oregon Center for the Book Coordinator *
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR 97301
katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>, 503-378-2528
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 2010 SRP Release15wins.doc
Size: 169472 bytes
Desc: 2010 SRP Release15wins.doc
More information about the OYAN