[OYAN] Last call for nominations!

AIMEE MEUCHEL AMEUCHEL at ci.tualatin.or.us
Fri Nov 11 10:26:06 PST 2011

Hi Everyone,
I hope this Veteran's Day finds you off of work enjoying a much deserved day of rest.  Alas and alack, I am at work, keeping the library fire burning!  I thought I would take a moment out of my day to remind you that it isn't too late to nominate titles for Book Rave.  I've attached the nominations thus far.  If you want to nominate something and you see it has already been nominated, please don't hesitate to nominate it again-you'll see the number of nominations are noted in the final column.  I've also added a column for gender of the protagonist, just to see how we are balancing the genders.  We are not!  We need more "boy" books nominated, as well as more non-fiction.

Please read and nominate until November 30th!  Then I will take away the nominations, create a beautiful survey and ask you to start voting!

Please read the books that have been nominated.  When you are asked to vote, make sure you are educated on the titles!  Remember, new recommendations are in red.

The OYAN blog<http://oyanpeeps.wordpress.com/> is full of synapses and covers of many of the nominated titles.  Check it out!  Leave comments.
Here are some official dates to remember:
*               Dec. 15: Preliminary voting opens.
*               Jan. 15: Preliminary voting closes.

Aimee Meuchel
Teen Services Librarian
City of Tualatin | Tualatin Public Library
18878 SW Martinazzi Avenue, Tualatin, OR 97062-7092
503-691-3083 | www.ci.tualatin.or.us<http://www.ci.tualatin.or.us>