[OYAN] Graphic Book Rave 2012 Nominations!

GLASS Traci L Traci.L.Glass at ci.eugene.or.us
Sat Apr 7 10:47:56 PDT 2012

Hi, again!
Just another reminder that I am still soliciting nominations for this year's inaugural Graphic Rave.  The list is looking pretty empty...let's work on fixing that!  Also, Mark has graciously put together a category on the OYAN Goodreads page for Graphics Rave nominees; here's the link to that: http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/3611201?shelf=graphics-rave-nominees-2012.  I've included my original e-mail below in case anyone had questions about the process!

Thanks!
Traci

Hi, all!
My name is Traci Glass, and I am the incoming vice co-chair of OYAN along with Aimee Meuchel.  For those of you who are new to OYAN or the list serve, I am also the coordinator for Graphic Rave - OYAN's annual list of the best graphic novels, comics and manga for teens.  This is our inaugural Graphic Rave, and I'm very excited to be coordinating the creation of the list of our recommended books in a graphic format!  The process will be almost if not totally identical to the process we all go through to come up with our Book Rave list.

Attached is the Graphic Rave nominations spreadsheet.  New recommendations are in red, so this being the first publishing of this year's spreadsheet, all titles are in red.  In future updates, previously suggested titles with a new nomination will get a red addition to the nominations number (always welcome as these might prompt others to give the book a try).  Also included are the month and year of publication, author's name, and the book's genre. There's a "tags" field on the spreadsheet, in case a one word genre description just doesn't do it justice as well as a publisher field since one of our criteria will be highlighting works published by independent and smaller publishers as well as publishers located in the Pacific Northwest.  Please note that books must be published between May 1, 2011 to April 30, 2012 to qualify.

If you can't open up the attachment (which seems to be commonplace with those of you receiving this in the digest form), e-mail me and I can send you the file directly to your e-mail.

When nominating a book, please include the author, title, genre, month and year of publication and publisher.   Send all nominations to traci.l.glass at ci.eugene.or.us<mailto:traci.l.glass at ci.eugene.or.us>.  The last day to nominate a title is June 1st.

Here are some official dates to remember:
*           June 1: Nominations close.
*           June 15: Preliminary voting opens.
*           July 15: Preliminary voting closes.

Again, please send all nominations to traci.l.glass at ci.eugene.or.us<mailto:traci.l.glass at ci.eugene.or.us>.  Also, feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks!
Traci

Traci Glass